Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the Web Site and signing up as a Member of the Socialicity sharing network. These Terms and Conditions are a legal document. It sets out our agreement with you and forms the basis of your rights and obligations to us.
The use of www.Socialicity.co.uk and Membership of the Socialicity sharing network is subject to the following Terms and Conditions – which are effective from 11th September 2014.
www.socialicity.co.uk (the Web Site) is owned by Socialicity Limited (registered in England & Wales under company number 08064992) whose registered office is situated at 30 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JJ (referred to as “we” or “us” below).
These terms and conditions apply as between you, the user of the Web Site, and Socialicity Limited. By entering our Web Site, and becoming an advertiser or social broadcaster, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
Your use of the Web Site is governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions, your use of the Web Site, or any of our Services shall be heard exclusively in the courts of England.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed to create a joint venture, partnership or agency relationship between you and us, and neither of us shall have the right or authority to incur any liability debt or cost or enter into any contracts or other arrangements in the name of or on behalf of the other.
These Terms and Conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions no other person may benefit or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
The Web Site is directed only at UK residents and nothing within it or these Terms and Conditions constitutes an offer or promotion of services or products to persons outside the United Kingdom. The products and services described on the Web Site are only available to people who are residents in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man (excluding the Channel Islands).
These Terms and Conditions and our correspondence with you will be communicated in the English language.
We may modify any of these Terms and Conditions, at any time. Any revision will be posted on the Web Site, on this page.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Transfer of Rights
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation without notice, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations to you.
If any event occurs that prevents us from carrying out our obligations or displaying the Web Site we will take reasonable steps to reduce the effect this has on you. If despite our efforts this disabling event continues for any period exceeding one week we may terminate your Membership as an Advertiser or Social Broadcaster but as a consequence will incur no liability to you.
Definitions & Interpretations
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video or other forms of information that appears on or forms part of the Web Site, and are capable of being stored on a computer.
- means users of the Web Site who have chosen to register as Advertisers or Social Broadcasters. This definition also relates to “Membership” being the relationship between us and Members.
- means businesses who have chosen to register with Socialicity to create offers for their products. This definition also relates to “Membership” being the relationship between us and Members.
- Social Broadcasters
- means users who have chosen to register with Socialicity to share offers on their Social Media Accounts. This definition also relates to “Membership” being the relationship between us and Members.
- refers to a deal from an Advertiser for various products and or services. These are made available to be shared and purchased via the Socialicity Web Site.
- means to buy or take possession of Offers from Advertisers via the Socialicity Web Site. This definition includes 'Purchase', 'Purchased' and 'Purchasing'.
- Recommended Person
- means a person who Purchases an Offer as a result of it being share by a Socialicity Social Broadcaster.
- means the services provided by Socialicity to Members under these Terms and Conditions.
- means any online communications infrastructure that Socialicity makes available through the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, emails, message boards and software applications.
- Web site
- means the website that you are currently using and any sub domains of this site (unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions).
- refers to the name of the Web Site.
- words denoting persons include natural persons, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, bodies corporate and unincorporated associations of persons.
- Headings, titles, sub-headings
- such as ('Definitions and Interpretations' at the start of this section) are purely for ease of reference and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Include & Including
- references to these words shall be deemed to mean respectively 'include(s) without limitation' and 'including without limitation'.
- You & your
- The person who proposes to use or is using this web site.
All Content included on the Web Site, unless stated, is the property of Socialicity and our affiliates. By continuing to use the Web Site, you acknowledge that such material is protected by United Kingdom and International intellectual property laws.
Users may view Web Site pages on screen and may print or download extracts for personal use. Users may supply a copy of any such extract to any third party provided that:
- The extract is for their and that third party’s own personal use
- The extract is not supplied as part of or incorporated in another work, website or publication
- The extract is not supplied either directly or indirectly in return for commercial gain
- The third party is made aware that the source of the Content is the Web Site and that these Terms and Conditions apply equally to them, as to you.
No part of the Web Site may be reproduced, transmitted to, or stored on any other website or in any other form of electronic medium without Socialicity’s express written consent.
Web site usage
You agree to indemnify Socialicity against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including legal fees) that may occur in connection with your use of the Web Site.
We make all reasonable effort to test Content material before placing it on our Web Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption, or damage, to data or your computer system, we cannot be held responsible.
Availability of the Web site
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the Web Site is always accessible, we cannot be held liable if, for any reason, it is unavailable. The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults.
Socialicity accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
We may have to suspend access to the Web Site for routine or emergency updates and maintenance, but we'll try to keep any disruption to a minimum.
Without limitation, you undertake and accept not to use or permit anyone else to use the Web Site or Service in the following circumstances:
- To send or receive any material which is not civil or tasteful;
- To send or receive any material which is threatening, grossly offensive, of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, blasphemous or defamatory of any person, in contempt of court or in breach of confidence, copyright, rights of personality, publicity or privacy or any other third party rights;
- To send or receive any material for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals (from us or third parties); or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party in any Country in the World;
- To send or receive any material which is technically harmful (including computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- To intercept or attempt to intercept any communications transmitted by way of a telecommunications system;
- For a purpose other than for which we have designed them, or intended them to be used;
- For any fraudulent purpose; or in any way which is calculated to incite hatred against any ethnic, religious or any other minority or is otherwise calculated to adversely affect any individual, group or entity.
The following uses of the Web Site are expressly prohibited and you undertake not to do (or to permit anyone else to do) any of the following:
- Resell the Service or Site;
- Furnish false data including false names, addresses and contact details and fraudulent use of credit/debit card numbers;
- Attempt to circumvent our security or network including accessing data not intended for you, logging into a server or account you are not expressly authorised to access, or probe the security of other networks (such as running a port scan);
- Access the Web Site or Services in such a way as to, or commit any act that would or does, impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Execute any form of network monitoring which will intercept data not intended for you;
- Send unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of 'junk mail' or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material. You are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages. This includes bulk mailing of commercial advertising, promotional, or informational announcements, and political or religious tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email of this nature, you may not send that person any further email;
- Create or forward 'chain letters' or other 'pyramid schemes' of any type, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings;
- Send malicious email, including flooding a user or site with very large or numerous emails;
- Enter into fraudulent interactions or transactions with us.
- Use in an unauthorised manner, or forge, mail header information;
- Engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the use of the Web Site and/or the Services or any Offer.
We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, Content material or data displayed on the Web Site, without notice from time to time.
Links to External Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other websites. Unless stated, Socialicity has no control over or proprietary interest in any of these websites and, as such, makes no promises nor gives and warranties with regard to the quality, security, accuracy or any other aspect of such websites, and excludes any and all liability arising from your use of the same.
We may disclose your personal information or access your account if required to do so by law, any court order, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency.
- Socialicity makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all computer systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from your use of our Services.
- This Web Site is not intended to provide advice, and the Content of the Web Site should not be relied upon when making any final decisions.
How to Register
To register as a Member as either a Social Broadcaster or Advertiser, you must be 18 years of age or older and be a resident of the UK. Membership is issued at our absolute discretion and we reserve the right to decline any Membership application without liability to you or to terminate a Membership without giving any reason for doing so.
To apply for Membership you need to supply us with some personal information including, but not limited to, your user name, first name, last name, address, bank account details and you must provide us with a current email address (this is the process referred to as 'Registration').
You promise us that all information provided on Registration and contained as part of your Membership account is true, complete and accurate and that you will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating the details in your Members account section of the Web Site. If we discover that any information that you have supplied is untrue or misleading we may, at our sole discretion and without limitation, suspend or terminate your Membership and cancel any commission that may then be pending or due to you. We may also block your use of all or any part of the Web Site.
Depending on the particular functionality of our Web Site at any time you may, or may not, need to register as a Member to use its functionality, or to access our Services.
A)You must register as an Advertiser in order to list offers for your business products or services than can be shared.
B)You must register as a Social Broadcaster in order to share offers on your social media accounts and earn commission.
Usernames & Passwords
During Registration, you will need to supply us with a password. You agree that you will not pass yourself off as someone else or create multiple, false accounts.
You must keep the password confidential and immediately notify us if any authorised third party becomes aware of that password or if there is any unauthorised use of your email address or any breach of security known to you. You agree that Socialicity are not responsible or liable in the event that a person to whom your password is disclosed uses our Web Site and Services as if they were you. Please note that you are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time at our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
Access to certain areas of the Web Site may be restricted.
We reserve the right to restrict access to certain areas of the Web Site at our discretion.
We may monitor your sharing for fraud prevention and for Membership account maintenance reasons. We reserve the right to retrospectively adjust your commission amounts without notification, if our monitoring reveals errors, inaccuracies, miscalculations, overpayment or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. If you think your commission or your Membership account are inaccurate in any way please let us know immediately, we are not able to remedy any underpayments after 30 days.
In order to minimize our administration overheads, we reserve the right to terminate dormant Member accounts. In order to keep your Membership active, you should log in to your Membership account at least once every 6 months.
Valid Email Addresses
During Registration, all Member accounts must include the provision of a valid personal email address that you access regularly. Any Membership accounts that have been registered with someone else’s email address or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their Member accounts if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
After Registration is complete, Socialicity may send you administrative and promotional emails (related to our Services). We may also send you information regarding your Membership account activity, updates about our Web Site and Services, as well as other promotional offers that you have agreed to receive. We may also send you information regarding Purchases you’ve made. (You can opt-out of our promotional e-mails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of such email correspondence.
Ending your Membership
IIf you breach these or any of our other Terms and Conditions we reserve the right to close your Membership account, if we do so, we may close all accounts you have open (whether or not they are in your name).
You may close your Membership account at any time by notifying us of your wish to cancel to:email@example.com.
If the account needs to be closed due to your death or incapacity we may accept instructions from another person as long as it is accompanied by relevant authority.
Any pending rewards commissions will be cancelled upon your Membership account being terminated.
Advertisers create Offers and upload them onto Socialicity. Advertisers are responsible for providing Content in relation to Offers: including offer titles, descriptions, images, logos and terms and conditions.
Advertisers are entirely responsible for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, guides and rules of conduct in relation to Offers including but not limited to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013.
Advertisers are responsible for contracting with purchasers and for all customer service in connection with the Offer and for supplying all goods and services stated in the Offer. Socialicity is in no way responsible for faulty goods, returns or customer relationship.
Social Broadcasting Services
Socialicity provides details of Offers for products and services that are available to Purchase from Advertisers.
We do not provide financial, investment or other advice in relation to the products or services, nor do we provide a recommendation or endorsement.
When buying an Offer through the Web Site, your contract will be with the Advertiser and not with us. Each Offer has its own terms and conditions, set by the Advertiser, that will apply to the Purchase of any Offer placed on the Web Site.
Members may select and buy Offers for themselves, and/or can share them on their Social Media.
We have no obligation to monitor and are not responsible for Offers but we may do one or all of the following:
Monitor your shares;
Alter, edit or change any of the offer benefits that may be included in Offers until such time as the Recommended Person has completed the Purchase transaction;
Edit or remove any Member posting to the Web Site.
If a person purchases an Offer which a Social Broadcaster has shared with them, then that Social Broadcaster may be entitled to commission.
The commission will be paid to the Member directly and will be strictly limited to payment methods that Socialicity supports.
The amount Socialicity pays is determined by Socialicity in its sole discretion (depending on the type of fee generated by the Purchase and proportionality) our determination shall be final. The amount is subject to change, and may depend upon the length of contract or cancellation of the Purchase. Socialicity has the right to withhold the commission, make deductions or additions to it, at its own discretion.
You understand that any Offer is subject to its own terms and conditions in addition to the terms and conditions outlined in these Terms and Condition. If any of these are not met, then the member may not receive their commission.
Social Broadcasters shall have no claims to Commissions or other compensation on business secured by or through persons or entities other than them.
Reason to Share
You represent that by sharing offers you are not performing a function of a public nature, nor are you engaged in an activity connected with a business nor are you acting by or on behalf of a body of persons.
Only when an Offer has been purchased, can commission be considered. Merchants have the right to decline purchase orders as per the terms and conditions for each individual Offer. If an Offer is declined and the Merchant is not paid – then no commission can be paid to the sharer.
We will track the shares and purchases as a result of the activity of social broadcasters. We may provide reports at our sole discretion.
Social Broadcasters may not, either directly or indirectly, be a party to the generation, processing, dissemination or the like of Spam.
Any form of Spam will result in their account being placed under review and all funds owed being withheld, pending an investigation.
If Our Advertisers incur expenses and/ or damages in dealing with Spam generated mail or being blocked by third party Internet Service Providers, these same expenses and/ or damages will be deducted from their account should they seek recourse against Us. Should these expenses and/or damages not be covered by funds in their account we have the right to investigate other alternative means for obtaining payment.
Advertisers pay Socialicity Commission for every Completed Sale of their Offer that Socialicity generates for them. Socialicity pass on a percentage of that Commission to the Social Broadcaster who recommended it or directly purchased it.
Our aim is at all times to provide you with an excellent service. If you are unhappy with our Services for any reason, please write to us at:30 Clarendon Road
Please include your name and address, a contact telephone number, your Membership or Offer quote number and details of why you are unhappy. This will help us to respond to you as quickly as possible. If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will try and contact you to ask for further details.
Socialicity Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The Socialicity Website (Web Site)
- Any of the services accessible through the Web Site (Services)
- Where available, Socialicity Member mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the App (Services) where available.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Socialicity Limited of 30 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JJ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms on the App Site and the Web Site (together Our Sites), including the Device's telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App or any of the Web Site Services, subscribing as a Member of the Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with Our Sites.
- if you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through any of Our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for commission purposes or otherwise and the Offers that you access; and
- Log information: when you use the Services or view content on Our Sites, We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
Where we store your personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Submitted Information: for email newsletters, if opted in and for generating payments where applicable, statements and notifications.
Additional information: all information supplied regarding recommended persons is not used by Socialicity for any purpose other than for logging and management.
Log information: is used for management and analytics, to position specific Offers to individual Members.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
You have consented for your personal information to be disclosed to your selected Merchants to process Purchases. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Socialicity Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to: enforce or apply the EULA, Our Web Site Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or Protect the rights, property or safety of Socialicity Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 30 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JJ or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Web Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Merchants. If you follow a link to any of their websites, please note that these websites and any goods or services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.